Sunday, July 19, 2009

Adventure

Last weekend really started when me and Sky went to drop Magnum off at my Mom's so she could watch him for the weekend while we were camping. For those of you that don't know, Magnum is unpredictable around other dogs (example: Freaking out in Pets Mart barking at another dog and making me fall FLAT on my face in front of everyone... and sometimes he's fine, so we never know with him). Anyways, my mom has this dog thats half the size of Magnum. He's a really good dog and very well behaved. SOO I went into the house first to hold my Mom's dog and Sky brought Magnum in on the leash.... Well my Mom's dog FLIPPED at Magnum and went straight for his throat and latched on!!! Sky grabbed the dog by the collar and was holding him up in the air but he wouldn't let go of Magnum. The dog started shaking his head back and forth trying to rip apart Magnum. I was holding Magnum's head still so he wouldn't try to move and I also had both of my hands in the other dog's mouth trying to seperate his jaw. Nope he wasn't budging. All this time I am SCREAMING, bloody murder screaming, HELP, and I was bawling hysteracally.(this is all going on outside my mom's front door)I'm hitting the other dog in the face and grabbing at his eyeballs...I was frantic ok... FINALLY my brother came out and puched the dog square in the face and he let go of Magnum. Long story but I ended up with a black, puffy lip and Sky had bites and cuts all on his hands. Even though it was finally over, I couldn't calm down. It was like watching my own child being attacked by a dog. Most intense, scariest moment of my whole entire life. Magnum was fine, He has some cuts and scabs on his neck, but luckily the other dog only got a mouthful of Magnum's hair.

He's NOT photogenic! He hates the camera but I love him sooo much!!

So I was still sick to my stomache but we finally left for camping! And it was so much fun! Sky especially loves to explore the outdoors, yes like a little child...

This is the first camping trip in a looooong time where all the grandkids were there together at the same time!!! So of course we went to the giraffe tree and that was quite the experience.. since 4 of us have spouses now we had to really scrunch together. It took a little bit of time to get situated and well Sky is so antsy so yeah that was fun..oh and part of that crazy experience involved Tyson eating an earth worm for $20 and Carson eating one well just because...



We went on a lot of rides and we did go to the water caves again which was really fun but I'm too scared to go crawling throughout the whole thing so i only go in a little bit.


My Bapa





We had such a great time we didn't want to leave, but i was so glad to get home to Magnum. I was worrying about him the whole weekend. My mom kept the other dog in the laundry room but I was still nervous that something would happen. Anyways everthing was fine and We had a great time with my family!!! Can't wait til next camping trip!

No comments: